piccolo padre

This is a photo taken of a wall in this cosy little cafe I spent a short afternoon in on a hot sunny Saturday. I couldn't stop looking at the reflection of the spinning fan in the mirror.

Because E keeps blogging about the bargain vintage buys (and they're beautiful) she always manages to find in the Rozelle Markets, I made it a point to pay a visit there this weekend.

I had no luck on the shopping front. I scoured through racks and racks of vintage dresses, and the only 2 dresses I took a liking to didn't fit me. Sad. I ended up getting a secondhand Stephen Fry book so I don't go home emptyhanded. Now I'm jealous of E. Bleah.

I did, however, discover the best risotto in the world - smoked salmon risotto with fetta and basil pesto in a cream sauce, (ok so I exaggerate but you know what I mean) in Piccolo Padre along the main Darling Street in Rozelle. They serve damn good coffee too. I can't help but notice how retro their coffee machine is too but forgot to take a shot of it. I'm definitely coming back to Piccolo's again.

I shall go back to my usual shopping place - Newtown and hope I have more luck with vintage finds. I wonder if I can find something similar to the dress my mum left me but was accidentally disposed of during my apartment move.

2 comments:

Eileen Chong said...

Oh, sorry to hear you didn't find anything! not even in Mint Condition?

Newtown is great too!! We must go together one day!

monkeycrab said...

I totally forgot to go take a look at Mint Condition la! Duh! I went to Newtown today and was really happy with my finds. I didn't arrange to meet u this time cos it was an impromptu decision to go out. I thought I would be too weak from my diarrhoea to go anywhere but I was so wrong! Hehe.