aveda for my hair

I went and blew AUD164 on haircare products today - shampoo, conditioner, and hair treatment cream, all from Aveda. Actually, I bought more than just hair products on my rare Sunday shopping spree... 2 pairs of shoes, a top and a book... gotta survive on air and water for the next 2 weeks.

Because I colour my hair very often, at least once every 2 months due to my grey hair genes, they get very dry and brittle. I need really intensive hair repair products to restore them back to their previous silky smooth condition.

Since I've budgeted money for Project P (sub projects skincare and healthcare) for the last 2 months, I decided to make haircare a sub project too and apportioned part of the budget for it.

I have heard a lot of great reviews from friends (my lesbian lover yen-yen absolutely swears by Aveda) and friends' friends who've used Aveda hair products so I guess it's worth a try. The lady who served me at the QVB outlet offered me tea while I browsed in the shop and spent about 25min (could have been longer if I wasn't in a bit if a rush) finding out about my hair problems and then explaining to me what each product is good for before recommending what's most suitable for me. I was quite blown away by the service. Like that, how not to buy?

I've just used the shampoo and treatment cream for the first time tonight and I love how my hair smells now. I'll see if my hair's texture has improved a month later. Til then.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WAH colouring the hair every 2 months!!! I think I only do 2x a year.

Just wondering whether you have physical fitness as a sub project too :P

PS. I also had fabulous service... at Jurlique in Rundle Mall... and bought more than I actually intended to. These ppl are clever... :I

monkeycrab said...

ya. i got super powerful grey hair genes. i reckon about 40% of my hair has gone grey... 2 months is the most I can bear seeing the grey new growth all over on my head. *cry*

if there is something i can take or use to reverse the greys to black again, i'll definitely invest in it.

and ya... lazy to get started on sub project physical fitness. i currently have plans to start learning to swim properly once the weather turns warmer... but we'll see...

Eileen Chong said...

Please don't buy from QVB again, buy from strawberrynet.com, they have a great range of Aveda too, and it's free shipping. Free shipping ok!!

monkeycrab said...

I had a look at the site. I can get the damage remedy restructuring series shampoo but not the conditioner and weekly treatment from there. But ya, the free shipping sounds great!