wall-e

I watched Wall-E on Saturday night. It's a computer animated film produced by Pixar.

Wall-E, a Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-class robot is the only functioning robot left on Earth. He spends his days compacting waste and stacking them into skyscrapers so as to clean up Earth for the human beings to return to after living on board a starliner Axiom for 700 years.

Wall-E has a pet cockroach and collects interesting 'toys' he finds while performing his duties. Over the years, Wall-E learns about human emotions through watching old videos.

Wall-E meets another robot Eve, deployed to Earth to scan for plant life and falls in love with her. When Eve goes into sleep mode upon the sighting of plant life, Wall-E panics and tries unsuccessfully to revive her. Wall-E, with the hope that Eve will wake one day, takes care of her and protects her from the elements. However she's taken back to her mothership and Wall-E, thinking she's in danger, follows the shuttle through space to save her.

I went AWWWWWWWWW at the part when Wall-E held an umbrella over Eve during a storm and got struck by lightning again and again, but he never gave up and stood guard beside Eve, sheltering her from the rain while he got abused by the storm. It was so sweet and heartwarming.

I always love a good animation film. When I first saw the trailer many months ago, I told myself I MUST watch Wall-E. And I wasn't disappointed. If you haven't seen it, please do so. You'll be well entertained, I promise.

ps: Madagascar 2 is coming!!! I loved the first one!!!

No comments: