watsons bay on new year day

Sunshine23 was indeed blessed with fantastic weather for the most part of her 2 weeks stay in Sydney. We had a sunny first day of the new year with blue blue sky, hence we chose to go to Watsons Bay for a seafood picnic. The queue at Doyles take-away counter was ridiculously long but since we had already made up our minds to try their seafood, we joined the line without complaints.



This is Sunshine23's special way of indicating what she wants - by placing a 'V' on the item. So we had the grilled tasmanian salmon with mash and salsa (very very good!), the mixed BBQ selection that included prawns, scallops, calamari, fish, rice and salad (this was so-so) and I added a pack of chilli mussels to the table (picnic mat actually) which didn't taste very fantastic. Having done a stopover at Cicerello's in Fremantle enroute to Sydney, Sunshine23 wasn't too impressed by the chilli mussels from Doyles. We refrained from ordering any fried food as I was nursing a slightly infected throat and Sunshine23 was close to getting a sore throat too. I wonder if their fish and chips are any good... will find out next time.





A photo with the food before tucking in, as usual.



Dessert was ice cream. I had the vanilla buttermilk with crunchy honeycomb flavour which was to die for. Note to self: must go back for it again.



We relaxed a little after filling our stomachs. We must have laid there doing nothing for about an hour and a half. That's enjoying life's idle moments.





Sunshine23 showed me her middle finger. Oh my gosh! Can you please be more civilised? Tsk tsk.



Becky's super reflective Oakley shades became the focus of our attention for quite a while.



I took so many shots of this particular scene right beside where I rested my head but this one below is my favourite. I hope I managed to portray a 'Childhood Interrupted' face.



And I continued snapping away at random things on our mat (which is actually my very bright and colourful beach towel). Here you see Becky's camera...



...and Becky eating an apricot through the lens of her camera.



Cameras with timers are so useful! Self group shots below.





When we had enough of lazing around, we went to explore Watsons Bay. Did a walk around The Gap which provides spectacular lookouts to the Pacific Ocean. Apparently, it's also one of Sydney's favourite suicide (and/or murder? remember that model who got thrown off the cliff there?) spots because of the dramatic drop into the rocky waters. *shudders*







No idea what I was doing here, but I sure tried worming into every single crack in the rocks on every road trip in the last 2 weeks.







Okay, that's the end of our trip to Watsons Bay. Til the next entry where I'll be posting our visit to Centennial Park. *waves goodbye*



Click here for more photos.

No comments: