can i still wear this for cny?



I got myself a new dress that I can wear for CNY. It's this gorgeous tube dress I found from a tonne of unwearable slutty clothes on the sale rack at Bardot in Eastgardens. Originally priced at $99.95, I paid $39.95 for it. The material for the main body of the dress is 100% silk while the top part is 96% cotton and 4% elastane. I reckon it's a damn good buy.

I was actually looking out for something red as my family's tradition is such that we always try to include the auspicious colour in our outfits for the first day of CNY. But the above dress is too beautiful and too much of a bargain for me not to acquire it. Seeing how my mum broke the tradition last year (and shocked the hell out of me and my bro!) by wearing green - green was her lucky colour according to the horoscope - I don't see why I can't wear blue this year.

My other problem was to stop myself from immediately wearing the dress out so that I can save it to be worn brand new for CNY - and this I failed. I wore it out for dinner on the weekend, with the glittery black scarf from Becky and the little black bag from Sunshine23 (both were X'mas presents I got last month).

It's just tough luck if I can't find something else for CNY in the next one week, I'll stick to wearing this dress then.

3 comments:

Sunshine23 said...

OMG Angel, this dress looks sooo beautiful on you.. Suits you perfectly.. I think your relatives won't know that you've wore it before. Unless you yourself is ban dang.. keke.. Good Buy!!

Anonymous said...

it's lovely!!! YES!!! Wear it for CNY!!!! counting down to 23!!!

monkeycrab said...

okie... i shall wear it for CNY... not that i have many options as i haven't been able to find any other new clothes to wear! am counting down to this friday too!!! *excited* been trying to plan my itinerary for sg and realise that everything revolves around the food i wanna eat! LOL