my pop art portraits

I spent a whole Saturday at Borders poring through photography and photo-editing magazines and then half a Sunday trying to apply what I read.

I remember I'd always wanted to get one of those bright, colourful Marilyn Monroe pop art portraits and I thought I'd try creating my own. After reading an article "Create a Pop Art Portrait" by Howard Millard that was featured in Better Photoshop Techiniques Issue 16, I selected a few suitable photos from my photo library and played around with them. The results can be seen below. They are not perfect, but I love them.



Maybe I should make a few of these prints, frame them and hang them up in my room.



One thing I thought I should mention is that I actually did all the above with the touch pad on my laptop cos I don't have a mouse at home. It's a helluva lot of hard work trying to paint without a mouse!

5 comments:

Shanewei said...

NICE!! Make me wanna try making one for me and Shane!!

Anonymous said...

ooo i love the bottom left one!!! u can print it and put in photoframe and i put on my work desk. ;)

monkeycrab said...

shanewei: ya ya u should do one for you and shane. will be nice to hang one up on the walls.

tudi: u want my autograph too? it will become really valuable next time when i become like super duper famous haha.

Alex said...

TEACH ME!!!

monkeycrab said...

dante: how to teach u? u go find some online tutorial or get some photoshop books la...