reading the handbook

I promised myself that I'd read the handbook that came with my new camera but haven't had the time to do it until last night. The PDF document is freakin' 171 pages long!

But hey, there are so many functions that I'm unaware of. Eg. although it goes up to 3200 ISO (better than many DSLRs) I never knew how to manually adjust it and end up just using the auto settings which is always between 400-600 ISO.

Hell, I didn't even know how to shoot in sepia cos no matter what button I touch on the screen, I couldn't find the colour mode settings (although I never need to shoot in sepia or B&W cos this can be easily photoshopped, but it's good to know right?). This may sound dumb but I also just figured out I can actually flip the images or view them in wide screen mode when previewing them on the LCD screen. And oh, in dim light conditions, the camera automatically takes two shots each time you press the shoot button, one without flash in twilight mode to preserve the original dimly lit atmosphere, and one with SL flash for a brighter image - I was so impressed by this lah!!!

I am going to practise using each function one at a time until I know my new friend inside out.

No comments: