taking a break

Yoohoo!!! I am now in Singapore for the long-awaited break from work to spend some time with my family back home.

Not having been home for only a year, I am surprised by how much I am not used to a lot of things here now in these first two days on this little red dot of a sunny island.

The humidity is killing me - I had 3 cold showers in 4 hours last night before I slept because I couldn't stand being sticky and that oily sheen on my face OMG kill me pls...; I wince at the sight of the wet tables and floor full of litter and bits of food at the hawker centre I eat at; I seem to get knocked, pushed, elbowed, shoved and jostled about by wave after wave of human beings everywhere I go that I get stress headaches just trying to dodge the human traffic while trying to get some CNY shopping done; I panic when boarding the train because I'm the kind who will stand to one side to allow all alighting passengers to get off the train before I enter the cabin, but by then all other boarding passengers would have squeezed their way and there will be no more room to accommodate me.

But hey, even with all my whining, it feels GREAT to be home. Pardon me for the inactivity here on this blog in these 3 weeks while I indulge in some homey time with my Mama and Bro. I'll try to update occasionally when I'm not too tired.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

bahahahahaha welcome back to sweltering and sunny sillypore; now u know why i rant and rave so much on my blog :P

o8ight said...

yaaaaa.....same sentiments EXACTLY mate!!!

we should know better - graciousness on our home land - NEVER in our life time.

GXFC!

Anonymous said...

exactly how i feel each time i get back to singapore. it takes getting used to. but it's home afterall. and home is where the heart is :)