centennial park & korean bbq

After spending half a beautiful day at Watsons Bay, we went for another lazing session at Centennial Park.





Sunshine23 and I sat around Duck Pond enjoying an apricot or two while Becky went snooping around the birds and us.



We then drove around the park and found a nice shady spot under a beautiful tree to continue our idling.



Here you see Sunshine23's juicy chicken legs. I had already konked off and was snoring away on the mat. I was quite exhausted from the intense itinerary I did up for Sunshine23's Sydney trip. The sore throat, stuck nose and the occasional slight fever didn't help too.



When I woke from my short 20min nap, we tried to catch some birds.



Becky went around snooping some more and found this beautiful statue. I'm sure she was lusting after the juicy bums. :P



When we were leaving, we came across a congregation of geese. There was a family who brought 'good quality seeds' to feed the geese who kindly offered us some so we may feed the birds too. And so we joined in the fun.







These geese were so gentle! Very unlike the ones I grew up with on Pulau Ubin. They were bigger than me (I was a toddler then), ferocious and liked to chase and peck at me. I was terrified of them and would never step out of the house if they were lurking around.



Because it was Sunshine23's last night in Sydney, we wanted to have a nice dinner but many places we called were closed (it was New Year's Day). In the end, we settled for Korean BBQ in the city.



Becky wanted to take a helicopter food of all the korean side dishes.



We also had the marinated beef hotpot recommended by the nice Korean lady who served us which was very good. A refreshing change from the spicy seafood hotpot I always have. It's very very sweet though, so don't ever order this if you don't really like very sweet soups.



And the kimchi pancake. It's my favourite dish on the entire menu. Sunshine23 and Becky loved it too.



We then got so engrossed eating our food that we only took one photo afterwards. Bon appetite!



FYI, this was at BBQ City at Liverpool Street.

Click here for more photos.

No comments: