becky turns 28

I accidentally found out just recently that Becky (my housemate) is also a monkey even though she was born a year after me, ie. she was a January baby before the Lunar New Year on her day of birth. I brought her to Heritage Belgian Beer Cafe at The Rocks for her birthday dinner as she hadn't tried the famous mussels there.



They've got an extensive beer menu and we spent a long time studying the menu to try to decide what we wanted. I chose this Troll beer because I liked the glass it was to be served in. Becky started with something light, a raspberry flavoured beer (very sweet and fruity) and we shared a Duvel after our first beers.



The spread that stuffed us til we were so bloated (as always, we overate...) - two pots of their specialty mussels, one was Siam (mussels cooked with red curry, thai basil and finished with coconut cream) and the other was Poulette (mussels cooked with white wine, bacon, vegetables and a touch of cream), and a traditional slow braised lamb shanks cooked with Belgian beer.



A birthday toast before we devoured everything on the table.



While waiting for our second order of beers, Becky went and interrupted the guys at the table next to ours just so she could press her face into that glass screen for a shot. She tried to take some self shots but got interrupted by my fingers so she gave up trying.



Before we left, I had to stick my whole body onto some walls for Becky to take some artistic shots.



The night was too young to just head home after dinner, so we headed to Max Brenner for something sweet. We initially planned to go try the pancakes at Pancakes on the Rocks but had to change the plan cos our stomachs just couldn't fit any more food. Chocolate drinks were considered manageable since they were in liquid forms...



We shared a Suckao (concentrated shot of pure dark chocolate), an Italian Thick Dark Chocolate and a Mexican Spicy Chocolate. Sunshine23 loved the Italian chocolate drink, but I tell you, the Suckao is way better. I put in a special request for a #28 table tag for Becky. It was kinda like a replacement for a birthday cake with 28 candles, I suppose.





And I tried to persuade myself into believing I'm actually only 22. Oh sweet 22. LOL.



Before we left the cafe, I did a Ninja Turtle with the glittery scarf (it doubles as a light shawl on cold summer nights too) I got from Becky as a X'mas present. See, I even had the tag that said 'Made in India' shown prominently on my forehead in the first pic - Becky was very proud that the scarf she got was made in India and not China!



Becky's last request was for a no-nonsense feminine pose so I tried my best here. I reckon I looked rather unnatural. But hey, the scarf looks good in this pic!



Click here for more photos.

3 comments:

o8ight said...

hahha

Made in India! dun take the round one...

thanks for hilarious company!

monkeycrab said...

repeat 'dun take the round one' 5x!!!

o8ight said...

woo loo moo looooooo