mama's ring



Mama came to me today with the above ring. She asked if it will fit on my middle or ring finger. I tried it on and yes it fitted well on my right middle finger.

She made it appear unimportant, the way she thrusted the ring at me, "Nah, see if can wear." But I guess that's her way of showing her affection. I could sense her awkwardness when she tried to appear nonchalant but I knew she was secretly afraid I wouldn't like the ring. Granted it's not the prettiest ring I've seen around, I still love it. It's more the thought behind it than the actual gift itself.

I don't normally wear rings, in fact I seldom accessorise myself unless on special occasions, and I definitely don't have a huge liking for gold or gold plated jewellery. But I will definitely wear this ring tomorrow on CNY day 1 and for the next few days too if I'm going out. Because it's a gift from Mama.


I can feel a difference in our relationship now. And I think it's for the better. You just need to give some things time.

5 comments:

Sunshine23 said...

The ring looks beautiful.. filled with love ^_^

o8ight said...

you know... i wanted to tell u... i also address my mother as Mama in my writing... but not verbal la.. fyi

i wonder if we are meant to be houesmates or stg...

monkeycrab said...

beh kee: eh so what u call your mama in real life? i address her as mama both in writing and in real life leh...

o8ight said...

erm... share w u when in person..i dun wan all ur readership to know... hha

Anonymous said...

hi jac. happy new year dear. hope u're enjoying urself in spore, stuffing urself with all the goodies which i miss terribly.

this is such a nice gesture from your mum. it's a beautiful ring - very antique-like.

take care.

xoxo.