the romantic long jetty

I went on a road trip to Central Coast for the third time. The actual plan was to go to Warners Bay and Swansea at Lake Macquarie but I somehow ended up at other places instead. *shrugs* Photo below: Follow the road signs to get onto the Harbour Bridge. The weather forecast said there was likely to be chance showers / thunderstorm in the late afternoon. When I set out for my day trip, the sky was cloudy but you could still see the blue blue sky underneath all the white cotton puffs.



This was a random lamp post along the Pacific Highway. It just somehow caught my attention, could have been the numbers, I'm not sure.



Walked around a bit at this long stretch of beach in Terrigal. I've been here twice previously and the surferdudes-with-surfboard pic you see in my blog header was taken at this same beach two years ago.



Some random half-built sandcastle.



Dropped by The Entrance and it was coincidentally pelican feeding time. These pelicans are wild ones and they gather at this spot at 3.30pm everyday cos they're used to being fed by this group of volunteer pelican lovers. It's also a major tourist attraction as well.





I was trying to look out for the bird's feet when they were flying above me and couldn't see any! They are tucked inside the feathers and only stick out when preparing to land, not unlike a plane's landing gear. This particular bird had some problems trying to do a balanced landing.



It skidded sideways on the water and I couldn't stop laughing.



Found a gem along the road when leaving The Entrance. Too bad it was near closing time. I could have spent an entire weekend there.



The owner is proudly Australian as can be seen from the flag displayed prominently at the entrance to the main book store section. There is also a separate section called the 'Rare Books and Collectibles Room' where the books all look thousands of years old.



Stumbled my way to Long Jetty quite by accident towards sunset and oh my gosh, it's so beautiful. Below shot was taken with a wide angle lens on an EOS borrowed from a friend.



And all the below shots were taken with my humble T77 (as were all the other shots above except for the one pic specifically mentioned).



I particularly like this first shot on the left. Love the reflection of the simple white house in the water.



I would have stayed on to catch the beautiful sunset if not for the fact that the sun doesn't set til after 8.30pm and my rumbling stomach wouldn't have survived another 1.5hours of waiting to be fed. But no worries, now that I know this great spot for watching sunset, I can always come back with food rations, and proper camping and photography (I need a tripod!) equipment next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

shifu, i really enjoyed these scenic posts, thanks much for these. keeps a part of me alive. :)

Alex said...

waaaah NICE!! the long jetty is a nice place to go to.. Please bring me there if i decide to visit Syndey second half of this year.!!

monkeycrab said...

tudi... glad u liked them. will continue taking lots of photos to show u... one day u can come visit then we can go see all these beautiful places together.

dante... there are so many beautiful places here u will definitely love to go take some photos. i may not have annual leave left (for this year) to bring u around though but can plan ur itinerary for u! hehe.