little miss sunshine



This is a screenshot of the first page of my Yahoo mailbox. Joyce Wong aka Sunshine23 aka Angel J and I have been emailing each other intensively for the last couple of months.

I am so glad she came to visit last Christmas. Sure, we've known each other since we were 13, but we were never this close like we are now. We bared our hearts to each other, talked and did more things together in the two weeks she was here in Sydney in December 2008 than in the 16 years we've known each other.

From playing dress up, to beaching and bitching, to linking and lancing ourselves silly, to road trips down south, up north, inner west and everywhere else here and there, to stuffing ourselves with food until we developed tummies so big we looked pregnant, to pure inexplicable madness, by the time we said goodbye, we had forged a bond so strong it was like we both gained a sister.

I am glad for it. I would never have gotten through the dark and depressing periods without friends like my little miss Sunshine. And I am blessed with lots of Mr and Miss Sunshines in my life.

Those of you who were there with me as I cried buckets of tears earlier this year, I thank you. It was because of each and every single one of you - the words you said, the things you did, the lame jokes, the virtual shoulders you offered in lieu of your physical presence right here with me, the smses, the emails, the plurks, the blog comments, the phone calls, the MSN chats - that I managed to pick myself up and gradually learned to love myself.

So which one of you wanna tell me a lame joke now? :-*)

1 comment:

Sunshine23 said...

Oh angel, now then I saw this entry about me. I'm really glad that I made the trip to visit you too. And I am seriously missing you constantly!! lol..
Big beary hugsss

*The photo of you crawling under the table during NYE still makes me chuckle.. Hahaha