i'm officially broke, but extremely happy

Well, I did mention in this previous entry that a TV is next on my wishlist just so I can PS3 all day long in my room. And so I went a-TV-hunting over the weekend. I scoured every single electronics store, big and small, in the vicinity with a budget of A$300+ for a minimum 22" LCD TV. Just when I thought the Hisense 22" HD LCD TV at The Good Guys that was on a promotional price of $348 was the only set I could afford (all others were A$499 and above for a mere 22" set! and no, not a CRT TV please cos it will probably take up half my room space!), I came across this Electroview 32" HD LCD TV at Harvey Norman going for $498, down from $899.

I have never heard of this brand and was rather suspicious of it. But after comparing it side by side with all the other known huge brands like Samsung and Sony, the quality isn't bad at all. Because I only needed a half decent TV to play games and occasionally watch movies on, because I've never been a huge fan of big brand names where you pay more than necessary to subsidise their extravagant marketing costs, and because I go for functionality and practicality more than looks, style and brand, I grabbed this dodgy Electroview TV that was way bigger than what I'd aimed for at the start of the hunt and which surpassed my expectations of a standard humble TV to wreak havoc on with my PS3. Oh and I 顺便-ed bought the Little Big Planet game at a 40% discount too; how often do you get to buy brand new original PS3 games for 20 bucks?... =p



Below pic shows the TV and PS3 all set up and functioning. TV screen is showing part of the game play in Assassin's Creed II. (OMG I'm so rusty with gaming that I fumbled with the controls like I had two left feet for hands. This is probably not the best game to start conditioning my motor skills all over again.) My bank account took a massive hit from the intensive spending spree such that I don't think I'll be splurging on a console for the TV set just yet. The sturdy vintage suitcase I picked up at a garage sale that had been lying around for months not serving any function at all finally came in handy as the best available stand for the unit.



Even with empty pockets, I is a very happy monkey right now. :DDDDDDD

1 comment:

fav tudi said...

we must must say this is way overdue :D gratz!