月亮代表我的心



I have added the above song - 月亮代表我的心 (literally translates to 'The Moon Represents My Heart') to my 'Ultimate Song List' due to a special request by Flyaway. I prefer this above version by Qi Qin to the original version by Theresa Teng because I find that he sings it with more feeling.

So I now have 12 songs on the list that I endeavour to learn and after four lessons with my tutor that mainly focused on the basics of picking, chords, scales and arpeggios, I'm beginning to include the intro for Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron and Wine in my daily practise sessions. Progress on this simple song so far has been satisfactory - I just need to try to gradually increase the tempo and yet maintain the smooth transition between the fingerings.

My tutor has gona on a three week break and I'll only resume my lessons from 9 Jan onwards. Meanwhile, I have to perfect six chords C, G7, G, D7, Am and E7, six sets of arpeggios for these chords, two scales, and the first two bars of the opening intro for Smoke on the Water before I see him again. Stressful hey?

1 comment:

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Eh, the Theresa Teng version is better!!!!! More "hweeling"! x