kimberley quest

I got volunteered by my MD to attend a work function on board Kimberley Quest organised by the publisher of our inflight magazine. Thursday turned out to be a perfect day for cruising out of Sydney Harbour. In my excitement, I forgot to take a picture of the posh vessel so I ripped the below photo off their website for showcasing here.



And here's me with part of the boat when we docked back at harbour at sunset. Special thanks to Izzy for loaning me a dress for the occasion! It's actually a very nice silky black dress with emerald green patterns which unfortunately don't show quite well in this overly dark photo.



And here's me with the very grandfatherly Skipper in the boat. On the left, you'll see two of their super friendly service staff who kept us well fed with fresh oysters, succulent scallops, assorted yummy pastries and endless flow of champagne and wine.



The cruise was over too soon in just four hours. A bunch of us headed to a nearby pub for more drinks and networking where a very sweet one-girl band was strumming the guitar and singing along. I went up to her on an impulse and asked if she knew how to play Unintended by Muse and she sang it for me right there and then. Awwww...... I let loose a few drops of tears cos she sounded just oh so sad (it must have been the song). And she sang it again as the last song of the night before she left. OMG, I was so besotted by her voice.

And there... I had one of the most relaxing evenings in like... months? I have been sad for too long. I think I need someone to come along, sweep me off my feet and put a smile back on my face.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

zomg muse cover double WIN!

and and... were you wearing my earrings?? wahahahhaa

monkeycrab said...

You could tell from that super bad photo what earrings I was wearing?????? You win.

Sunshine23 said...

Hey angel..did you realised that the last sentence is just sooo the true?!!!