an arty farty party

I received an invitation from a bunch of architects and interior designers for an event on the eve of X'mas eve and gamely attended the arty farty party held at their office garage in Neutral Bay.



Beautiful Vanisha was my date that evening. We thought we looked like the national flag of Singapore as we strode into the Leffler Simes Architects (LSA) building in our chilli red and snow white dresses.



Lots of effort was put in by the organising team to decorate the party venue. They even painted an entire wall to reflect the city skyline of Sydney with real smoke billowing out of the 'Sydney Tower' at the press of a button. And I was told that hours of work were put in by the girls to cut out thousands of leaves from coloured paper to decorate the otherwise plain looking floor we stood on.



Here you see me and my two travelling companions for the upcoming Byron Bay trip making faces at the camera.



We do pose for the occasional nice decent shot too. (Beakee and Fav Tudi: check out what accessory I was wearing!)



Here's a shot with the (weird and funky) Chief Architect I liaise with most of the time for my current work project at the pilot academy. Incidentally, the smokey tower behind me was his brainchild. Yes, you can tell it worked perfectly well from the photo below.



Natalie here who so kindly offered to share her X'mas party loot (she won two return flights to anywhere on the Rex network at our X'mas party draw) with me is the key Interior Designer for my project. She is one helluva capable woman! Guys take note!



And finally, group shots with my arty farty project team before we headed off for round two - more partying!







And this was the last X'mas party of the year. It was a simple party but lots of great fun.

1 comment: