jetlagged, birthday & depressing news

I got back to Sydney from Johannesburg last night. Today is my birthday. Still recovering from jetlag, I received very depressing news from lambchop this afternoon.

Initially I thought it was some kind of joke or prank. But then nobody will joke over the life of their good friends. It was a sailing accident. After getting over the initial shock of the news, I sent off a couple of smses to tudi and BH. I didn't call BH cos I know if I did, both of us would have cried. The entire day, I couldn't stop thinking back to the times we spent together. BH, Kimi Vin and I used to be a set.




We would sit in a coffeeshop til late and talk about silly things about cooking half boiled eggs and jogging vs taking the bus to the zoo. He also played an active role in Project Femininise Me, offering valuable advice on how I can behave more ladylike. When BH was interning in my previous company, we got bored and together with Vin, did silly doodles on MSN. Below was a comic strip by Vin on MSN.









I miss his idiotic greetings on MSN already. And I will never be able to go binge on prata at the Prata House in Thomson with him ever again. I really regret not meeting up with him on my last visit back to Singapore, thinking that it was ok, we can always meet the next time. But there will never be a next time now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs*

wanna let u noe... we remember ur special day

Xuan-er said...

I am so sorry for the loss. It made your last entry so relevant.

I hope he rest in peace. *hugz*

Edmond Wu said...

yeah, i always thought i can always meet him on another day.

'and they lived happily ever after'. he's in a better place now and we'll get to see him again one day, and talk about stupid people once again.