broccoli doesn't taste that bad



I have kept to the promise I made to myself to cook more instead of eating out all the time and to eat healthier by including more veges in my diet. Today I cooked pasta for dinner and added baby broccoli and chopped tomatoes besides the usual stuff I add in like bacon and mushrooms. And I used extra light olive oil instead of the normal cooking oil commonly used.

The baby broccoli tasted very good (surprisingly)! But they are so expensive as compared to normal broccoli. But of course, they were nicer than the normal broccoli. However by the time I threw away all the stems (nope nope I don't eat the stems) there isn't much left. I'm not getting my money's worth. Looks like I have to start cultivating a relationship with the stems...

I also bought cabbage, cauliflower, carrots and fruits like pears and oranges in my last visit to the supermarket. And 2 nights ago, I had steamed broccoli and cauliflower in oyster sauce. It was good and I wouldn't mind having that again. Slowly slowly. At least I am trying hard.

2 comments:

ic said...

wow.
you cooked alot....

monkeycrab said...

this is for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow. in order not to repeat the previous incident where i wolfed down everything leaving none for lunch, i decided to cook more more more to be safe. haha.