fruit concoction

Nobody will believe what I had for dinner today. I did a concoction of half a tomato, half an avocado, 1 orange and 1 pear tossed in a black cherry yoghurt and that was dinner. Plus a glass of fruit juice. Is that healthy or what? Okay, I got hungry 2 hours later, but not wanting to waste the effort, I had 2 hard boiled eggs without the yolks (for protein) instead of eating rubbish like instant noodles which I'd have done in the past.

For those who have not been reading my blog zealously enough, this whole eating healthy shit is part of Project P.

I went and blew $87 on groceries today and guess what I bought? Here's the list:
- low fat yoghurt (6-pack assorted flavours)
- yakult
- mixed fruit juice (apple, pineapple, guava, vit C, vit A, botanical extract - echinacea)
- milk (low fat)
- oranges
- tomatoes
- pears
- kiwis
- avocados
- omega 3 fish oil and evening primrose oil supplement
- multivitamin and mineral supplement
- toiletries

This list may be a normal shopping list for most but it definitely is not normal for me. In the past, my average grocery expense was about $20 - $30 each time. And I only bought rubbish instant foods. Now I actually think about what nutrients I need and look up the nutritional contents of each item before buying. I continue to amaze myself. Can you now see my commitment to Project P? (",)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... $87 is definitely not my usual grocery bill either but I applaud you on the fresh food and label-consciousness. Forget processed junk. BTW I hope your juice is unsweetened and without preservatives or colourings :P

monkeycrab said...

i think $87 is because of the supplements - they make up half of that amount. the labels on the juices i got say "no preservatives, no added sugar, no colours or flavours, no concentrates, no added water". more expensive than all the others. buying fresh foods and looking out for nutritional contents is so time consuming and costs so much more... but i guess it's worth it la...

Anonymous said...

jac! i'm so proud of u! u're sounding more and more like me!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe u should start juicing also like buy a blender and look for recipe to aid Proj P. I think juicing will help alot and its faster to drink instead of eating the fruits -naijiz