project P

Today marks an important milestone in my life - I bought my first ever tube of HAND CREAM in my life. (Stop laughing. I can just hear BH, Dante and the other boys exclaim: WTH happened to GP/Jac?)

L'Occitane one leh, mai siao siao ah. I also got myself a Rose Bonbon lip balm while in the L'Occitane shop. Total damage here is AUD48.90.




I just decided on a whim one day that since Project Femininise Me was so successful, it's about time to embark on another big project. Having turned 28 just a week ago, I am having these panic attacks that I'll somehow shrivel up and turn into a wrinkled old hag in minutes. Hence the need for Project Preserve Me, marked top priority. Objective is to maintain the looks, body and health of a 28 year old for the next 10 years (forever if possible but let's not be too greedy).

Some initial plans to kickstart this project are:

1. have a more balanced diet (you would be able to see from my food diary from this week onwards more signs of greens and other disgusting foods I don't normally eat.)

2. exercise regularly (okay this is still a thought at this stage. I am taking it easy this week due to the jet lag but am in the process of drawing up an exercise schedule and routine.)

3. start paying attention to skincare (I confess I'm a lazy person who doesn't bother about skincare at all. To get myself started in this department is really a challenge. I've added a brand new category in the right column called 'Beauty' to document my experiences in this area *smiles sheepishly*)

I got the ball rolling for the skincare process with the purchase of hand cream because of an entry beakee wrote that scared the shits outta me. And being a complete noob on such cream stuff, I didn't know what's good and initially wanted to get the Jurlique's Rose Hand Cream after reading beakee's entry. I eventually got the L'Occitane cooling hand cream gel because it feels shiok on my hands and I don't really like the smell of roses.

Then I got carried away shopping and in less than an hour, I got the below items and total damage for that hour was AUD120!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wah good on ya... eh eh if I'm not wrong, this cooling series from L'Occitane lists alcohol denat. as one of its ingredients? (I had a small sample of the leg gel and saw it, dunno if the hand one is the same) It's the alcohol that makes it cooling... and maybe menthol but I'm not sure... as you know, alcohol is drying for the skin in the long run :P

PS. Oz is so dry... dunno how you can stand it without applying anything till now leh....

monkeycrab said...

oh... the noob me didn't think of checking out the ingredients before buying leh... looks like i must go do some more research haha. may go see see how the origins one is like. and maybe should go spend more time in jurlique's too. i feel so awkward and self conscious in these shops that sometimes i just wanna chop chop buy and leave.

Unknown said...

Nvm... nao you will be sucked in to the world of beauty products lol... btw I think the Origins one is REALLY GOOD... it also has anti-aging ingredients... but the Jurlique one, like many of their other products, includes alcohol *blech*