what if i plonk dead now?

Today is the start of the Easter loooooooooong weekend. I have Friday through to Monday to enjoy the last of the tanning season cos the weather is just gonna turn cold from now on. Let's hope we'll get some sun this weekend.

As I was waiting for the train this evening, I had a sudden thought: what if I die unexpectedly, all alone without friends and family here in Sydney? Who will see to the things I leave behind? Who will take care of all the paperwork, the funeral, and all the rest? Will I be cremated and my ashes sent back home? Will I be permanently buried here? Will someone from my family fly down to bring me home? Will someone here help send me home? Who will pack up all my stuff here in the corporate apartment? Will these be thrown away or shipped home? Who will settle the insurance matters? Who will settle my bank accounts, financials etc back home?

I got stressed just thinking about it.

I just told someone very recently while tanning on the beach that unlike a year or two ago when I still had my bro's education etc to worry about, now that he's gonna graduate and will be able to take care of the family soon, I don't have anything to worry about if I just plonk dead now. But now all of a sudden, I realised there are still so many loose ends I haven't tied.

I need to spend some time to do some detailed thinking and planning. To write a detailed instruction manual on what I want done with all the things I'm gonna leave behind. To make sure my bro and mum know how to go about claiming my insurance stuff and settling the financials. To brief someone I trust here in Sydney and another I trust in Singapore to oversee all the necessary arrangements and to try to organise the kind of funeral I want for myself (I'd written about this way back in moblog but I can't find it, anyone who remembers or has the link, send to me ok?).

I hope I don't have a freak accident like choke on my saliva while sleeping before I have all the proper instructions passed on to the relevant people.