belgariad series & a long way down

I just finished reading the last book (book #5), Enchanters' End Game of The Belgariad series by David Eddings. This series took me ages to complete because 1) it's a tad dull compared to the Riftwar Saga, Empire Trilogy and Serpentwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist which I read just not too long ago and 2) I got distracted by the many Japanese drama serials my Polish friend passed to me and my trip back to Singapore.

I'm gonna go book-shopping this weekend. My next book will definitely be Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down. It just so happened that P was reading it when I went back to Singapore last month and after flipping through the first few pages, I decided I had to finish the book.

Four strangers met on New Year's Eve at the top of an apartment complex in North London when they each made their way there to end their lives. They, who moments before were all convinced they were alone and were going to end it all that way, sit down together, share out the pizza and begin to talk.

There are two main reasons why I can't stop thinking about reading this book: 1) it's about suicide (people close to me will know I've got a thing for suicide related stuff) and 2) Nick Hornby also wrote About A Boy - remember the movie starring Hugh Grant? - I happen to like that movie a lot.

I'll need to start thinking about what to read after this book too cos I can't do without a book by my bed to while away that half an hour or so each night before I fall asleep.

ps: Naijiz, I read The Time Traveler's Wife after reading your entry. Cried a bit. Loved it. Apparently there's a movie based on this novel starring Eric Bana that will be released in Nov this year. Read about it here.

No comments: