digging up those emo songs

Tonight is 'Project Unforgettables' night. That 酒干倘卖无 song triggered off this long discussion on all the songs I grew up listening to. Because my parents, grandparents, uncles and aunties were all into those super emo hokkien, cantonese and chinese oldies, these songs naturally got engraved deep inside my heart. And they're there to stay for life.

I embarked on this project of compiling an emo collection (omg the list of songs is endless!) and while surfing, downloading and listening to the oldies, I went through my photo collection too.

(Digress a bit: I stumbled upon this picture of a semi-drunk me enjoying a bowl of fishball noodles and barely able to pose a -.-v >>> so cute right? I always think if I'm a guy, I will fall for a girl like me hahaha.)

There may be some who think it not-too-healthy to indulge oneself constantly in memories as one may just end up living in the past, too happy staying there to want to move forward.

But I think otherwise. Not many are fortunate enough to have memories they'd wanna cling on to. Be it a good or bad, happy or sad memory, it has a meaning, plays a role in your life and is equally capable of propelling you forward as it is able to hold you back.

And just like old photos, they need to be retrieved from that dusty old corner of your brain (or heart) from time to time for some refreshing or they'd just simply fade off and one day... when you think you've achieved what you set out to achieve in life and decide you're ready to make a visit down memory lane, you wonder, beside the material accomplishments, what else you've earned and saved through the decades.


到时候,
大约在冬季
,
烟雨凄迷
时,
当你再回首,
往事随风.

想要念亲恩,
却发现已来不及.

只能坐在橄榄树下,
唱出你的浪子心声,
当个追梦人.

3 comments:

Edmond Wu said...

that photo looks like it's taken somewhere along MS! haha..

monkeycrab said...

yes. and actually u're also in the pic but i cut u out cos ur face looks ermmm... out of place... hahahahahhaha.

Edmond Wu said...

oooo.. pity you're not in your signature killer-loop tee in the pic. hehe