an extra virgin oily affair

There was a huge commotion in my department this morning. It all started when one of my directors told us he read in some book that taking 2 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil a day helps one lose weight really fast.

Suddenly we found a bottle of niulife 100% certified organic extra virgin coconut oil in my office. And it was decided a few of us would trial it and document the progress on a big-ass chart.



I decided to join in the fun.



It smells ok, but tastes horrible. We should probably use it as cooking oil or as salad dressing instead of gulping tablespoons of it with just plain water.



The first gulps of this oily stuff triggered a long email trail among about ten of us across three departments.


From the 'nurse' and 'score-keeper':

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE TAKING OF YOUR FIRST SPOONFUL OF COCONUT OIL!!!

But the road does not end here. You will be having your next mouthful at 5pm!! Jac has decided to take part in this too.

We have decided to record this moment, by taking before and after photos too. At 5pm, we will have a photo session and document this, by weighing all of you and taking measurements too.

Those who have yet to participate, there is plenty of time to join!! It’s not too late!!

I myself will document this event, BUT not take part!!

PS…I have my first aid kit in case something goes wrong ok!!


From the sensible little boss:
You guys are nuts.


From the 'personal trainer muscle man':
As a trainer, I am telling you, first step to good health is to use the stairs, not coconut oil. :)


From the weight-loss enthusiast who needs to shed a tonne of weight to enter the hot springs in Osaka next week:
No worries, we will endeavour for a week.
(Evidence to show his conviction)




From the first-to-volunteer-for-program weight-loss fanatic:
I am officially dropping out of The Biggest Loser - Coconut Oil edition.
I vomitted and had a very adverse reaction to coconut oil.
Sorry but I will be encouraging everyone from the sidelines. Cheers.
(Evidence of her torturous moment)




And from me, who only didn't want to be left out of all the fun:
I think can count me out too. I felt like puking the whole morning.






But, business still continued...

Two were still in the game when the time came for the second dosage...




Who will be the last man standing?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewww...OIL!!!! jac! OIL!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I seriously thot that only ah-neh(s) use coconut oil (for their hair) and now you peps are drinking it.. I hope that you won't be smelling like an ah-neh.. *Blah*

Anonymous said...

The girl smelling the oil looks quite hawt~ haha

Anonymous said...

The girl smelling the oil looks quite hawt~ haha