bh's happy dilemma

First email I read this friday morning made me tear secretly at my work desk. BH was offered a spot in the Double Degree Option of Queen's Master of Global Management (MGM) Program and an entrance scholarship of 5,000 canadian dollars. He will be one of only four possible students in the MGM program to be admitted for this option.

I was over the moon when I got the news!

After the initial joy, I was a bit saddened that he has to bear the thought of his dream possibly not materialising because of financial reasons. I fully understand how it feels to have to give up something you really (like REALLY you know?) want just because of the lack of some stupid ingredient called M-O-N-E-Y. I feel helpless cos I so want to help him make his dream come true but I don't have the means to.

Some may say, going for Master's is a want, not a necessity, and well, something a person can do without. Which is why nobody should feel that their parents are obliged to pay for the children's Master's education (unless of course, they can well afford it, then why not?). But nevertheless, it's a person's dream, not any person, but my BH's dream! Like, THE program he is aiming to get into, THE school he wants, it's like all he wants in one package. Wah! How how how ah?

There are like so many fucking filthy rich people out there who squander their money away meaninglessly. If only they can just pool 1% (maybe even 0.5% will do) of their thoughtless spendings together, BH will be able to go for his Master's. And we'll still have leftovers to feed, house and educate so many others.

I do understand they (the fucking filthy rich) also have to work to achieve what they have (you do realise this doesn't apply to all right?) and it's only right that they get to enjoy what they earn. But it's true also that the rich get richer and it's frustrating to see them having it easier (most times, I'm not saying it's a definite) while perfectly smart, cute, good-hearted and hardworking people like BH (and me haha) have to struggle like hell.

So. The long and short of this entry is: which one of you out there, who has no other meaningful way to spend your mountain-high heaps of money, please drop me an email and we can discuss our invest-in-BH project. Haha.

1 comment:

Edmond Wu said...

thanks GP!!! ^_^

so if you're reading this and you want to donate to a very worthy cause, kindly email. hahaha.