explanation and/or money

I bought the book (A Long Way Down) on Sunday and am 22 pages into it. Came across this that made me kinda upset for a bit:

"Being owed an explanation is like being owed money, and not just a fiver, either. Five or six hundred quid minimum, more like. If you were owed five or six hundred quid minimum and the person who owed it to you was avoiding you, then you're bound to knock on his door late at night, when you know he's going to be in."

I have been, and am still being owed both an explanation and much more than just five or six hundred quid by one person. I care more for the explanation than the money. My recent brief meeting with him a month back convinced me that I'm never gonna get either one. That feeling of sudden realisation sucked big time, and still sucks. But of course, I'm not going to jump off a building over this like Jess (in the book) did (or is going to, I'm not done reading it yet). I just simply made up my mind deep down that I'm never gonna contact him again.

ps: rae, I would gladly accept the bracelet but I really hope I never get a chance to (reading your comment made me tear a bit you know). I secretly hope all those I love outlive me, and that includes you. I hope you do cos you've got so much more in life to live for than me.

No comments: