ultimate song list

I went for my first guitar lesson today. It was fun! But wow, I hadn't expected to be given so much homework!

My tutor went through 3 picking and 3 chord exercises with me today. He then gave me a time sheet to log my self practise sessions which I have to show him every time we meet. For a start, I only need to log at least 10min a day everyday until my next lesson. He will gradually increase it to at least 30min daily. When I next see him again in a week's time, I must be able to do the picking exercise at a constant 60bpm (beats per minute), after which he will increase the requirement to 80bpm, 100bpm and finally to 170bpm. He will also test me on the 3 chords. *gasps*

Another piece of homework for the beginner me before next Saturday: I need to develop my 'Ultimate Song List' - a list of songs I dream of playing someday when I have mastered the basics and which he will slowly teach me, starting with the easiest on the list. I'll need to have 10 songs on my list to start off with, and I'll have to start gathering recordings and the notations / tabs for each song.

Here's my first list:

1. Unintended - Muse
2. Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron and Wine
3. Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
4. Hotel California - Eagles
5. About A Girl - Nirvana
6. Yellow - Coldplay
7. Stay - U2
8. Warwick Avenue - Duffy
9. More Than Words - Extreme
10. Ana's Song (Open Fire) - Silverchair

6 comments:

littlegeo said...

we discovered about a girl for the first time on the rock band game on the wii. yes yes tudi is slooooow. but yeah we approve of your song list's #5,6,7,8,9!!! :D

monkeycrab said...

Wah, we got approval for almost half the songs of the first list! Woohoo! We wonder how many years it will take us to learn even one song on the list...

Alex said...

No.3 for me! Always wanted to learn the whole song. Please teach me after u mastered it. i only know abit of the intro..haa...

monkeycrab said...

You, DANTE, can play the guitar?!?!?!?! *in shock*

Alex said...

wah liew...cannot meh. Ai yaa..last time poly days la. Got one period abit siao with guitar. So go dig up some chords and start playing a bit la. I remembered trying to learn songs from metallica and nirvana.
I didn't have any coach then, so give up halfway..

If you can play Extreme More then Words, i will be ...WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! PRO PRO PRO!!! haa...

Anonymous said...

You forgot the ultimate song, Boston's More Than A Feeling.