food diary: 28 july - 3 aug

I read somewhere on strawberry's blog on her fried carrot cake and had huge cravings for it. I just had to get some from chinatown. There wasn't any carrot cake so I settled for yam cake. I cut it into cubes and fried it with chinese sausages (lup cheong), preserved radish (cai por) and lots of eggs. That was my one indulgence for the week.

I realised after 2 weeks of buying fresh veges that I can't finish most of the veges before they turn bad, unless I stick to having just 1 type of vege per week. I had to throw away large portions of caulifower gone mouldy, celery turned dark brown and spinach turned errrr.... all mushed up. That's really a waste of food. Yet I can't bear the thought of forcing myself to eat the same vege everyday every meal for a week until I finish all of it. This is one problem I need to solve if I intend to continue with my green shitty vege diet.

monday
B @ 7.30am: 1 glass of fruit juice, 1 mocha
L @ 1pm: pad thai with chilli, 1 mocha
D @ 8pm: homecooked stir fry pasta with bacon, tuna, celery and chilli, yoghurt with avocado
dump: once

tuesday
B @ 9.30am: ham and cheese croissant, mocha
L @ 1.30pm: homecooked stir fry pasta with bacon, tuna, celery and chilli
Tea break @ 5pm: 2 muesli bars
D @ 8pm: homecooked fried rice with celery, chinese sausages, mushrooms and egg, 1 glass of juice
dump: nil

wednesday
B @ 8.30am: 1 glass of milk
Tea break @ 10.30am: a quiche, 1 mocha
L @ 2.30pm: homecooked fried rice with celery, chinese sausages, mushrooms and egg
D @ 7.30pm: chashu ramen, green tea cappuccino, mocha
dump: once

thursday
B : nil
L @ 1pm: 1 glass of milk, 1 mocha, mouthfuls of lasagne, half serving of seafood salad
Tea break @ 3.30pm: 1 slice of chocolate cake
D @ 8pm: a cajun chicken wrap, handfuls of popcorn, sips of coke
dump: nil

friday
B @ 8.30am: 1 glass of milk
L @ 1.30pm: chorizo and pumpkin risotto, mocha
D @ 8.30pm: homecooked fried yam cake with chinese sausages, preserved radish and eggs
dump: nil

saturday
B : nil
L : nil
D @ 5pm: pasta with chicken, snowpeas, and sundried tomatoes in pesto cream sauce
Supper @ 11pm: leftover homecooked fried yam cake with chinese sausages, preserved radish and eggs
dump: once

sunday
B : nil
L @ 2.30pm: 1 glass of milk, 1 mixed berry juice
D @ 8pm: homecooked spinach and cheese tortellini with bacon and mushrooms in cream sauce, 2 kiwis with yoghurt
dump: nil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erm, my mum will wrap the veges with newspapers, suppose to help to keep the vege fresh. Maybe you can try that?
else you can try to chop up some of the vege and make Salsa sauce? coz with vinegar and sugar, it'll help to "preserve" the vege.
Hope it's helpful.
Glad you are taking more vege! Jia you Angel!! = )