the dark knight



(Spoilers ahead hor. Don't say I never warn you.)

I watched The Dark Knight someday last week. I didn't like it much. Not that it's no good. In fact, the film is fantastic. Christian Bale is absolutely yummy. Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker is amazing. I didn't realise how good an actor he was until I watched this movie. He totally stole the limelight from all the other actors. The intensity and pace of the story leaves you with no time to get restless (cannot afford to go pee too).

BUT. Doesn't mean it's good means I have to like it. I appreciate the movie but the following points just don't sit very well with me:

#1: It's too dark for my liking. Dark films make me depressed and I often get nightmares afterwards.

#2: Where is Katie Holmes? Although her performance in Batman Begins didn't leave any impressions, ie. acting must have been so-so only, at least she's eye candy. Maggie Gyllenhaal just ummm... cannot la. The guys must all be quite disappointed.

#3: Joker didn't die. For such superhero movies, I am a villians-must-die-and-heroes-must-win person. But he got arrested in the end, so that kinda appeased me.

#4: Joker won. He managed to bring down the supposedly incorruptible public hero Harvey Dent. I really wanted Harvey to turn back and repent at the last moment when Batman confronted him. But he didn't. Like, how can the villian win in a superhero movie? Unacceptable.

#5: I also hated it when Batman took the rap for Harvey Dent for the murders just so as to preserve his public hero image. And he became the hunted leh. Wah lao. I 心痛 leh.

Having said that, I really liked the ferry scene. The black guy surprised me. The executive in suit also surprised me. (Ya I'm easily surprised.)

Apparently, Edison Chen appeared for like one second or something in the show! Huh? I thought his parts were cut because of the sex scandal? I dunno. But I sure didn't see him at all. Maybe I was too engrossed checking out Christian Bale's hot body. So did anyone see him (in the movie) at all? And oh ya, that baddie hongkie guy Lau is a Singaporean actor leh! Wah so proud of him.

I'm looking forward to watching Mamma Mia next. It's been out for ages but I've not had the chance to go watch yet. According to a colleague, it's as good as Hairspray and I loved Hairspray! So I must catch it before they stop screening it everywhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I thought his parts were cut because of the sex scandal?"

hahaha edison appeared for 1 second in the movie where he opened the door for someone to enter.. rumour has it that he had a bigger role in the movie.. but yeah due to the sex scandal..

monkeycrab said...

i didnt even notice the 1sec open door scene lor. only heard abt it after the show. oh and btw, i dunno how the comic is like cos i dont read the comic. is it close to the comic storyline?