danks street depot

Sunshine23 and I went to Danks Street Depot twice for meals in her two weeks stay here, once for breakfast and once for lunch. For the second trip to Danks Street, I had wanted to bring her to Wah Wah Lounge or Sopra Cafe but they were both closed for the X'mas and NY holidays.





For breakfast, I chose to try the creamed eggs with roasted mushroom and truffle oil that was highly recommended by Mr SJ. The eggs were soooooo good. I was disappointed there was only one mushroom. Perhaps I should ask if I could swap the grilled tomato (it was a little too sour for my liking) for another mushroom the next time round.



Sunshine23 had the poached eggs with bacon. I liked her chunky bacon so much I practically finished half of them for her.



The yolk was pure heaven for Sunshine23.



For lunch, Becky joined us and between the three of us, we shared the grilled ocean trout that was so-so (we had better grilled Salmon for a much cheaper price at Doyles Watsons Bay just a day before)...



...and the grilled asparagus with poached eggs. I let Becky and Sunshine23 have the poached eggs as it was Becky's first visit to this place and Sunshine23's last day in Sydney. I could always go back for more another time. I had a lot of the asparagus though which was very good.



Below you see us with our food. I realised we didn't take a shot of Becky with the food. Oops. Maybe next time.



No comments: