i want my rope to be-long

The gals showing their tongues at a dessert joint. Not bad.




It had been a good weekend. One doesn't have to go places and accomplish stuff to have a good time. Doing nothing and yet exploring everything can be satisfying too.

My mind is actually a total blank right now. I indulged in a little imagination while savouring my lone time alone in the hot tub this evening. Piecing the bits together, the kind of scene I secretly hope to see in the not too far future, in an ideal perfect world. I made it a point not to get too lost in the make-believe ideal world. Whatever will be, will be. No point thinking too much into anything.

Like how the ah lian philosopher in me always say, in the hokkien style voice of mine, no need waste time worrying about things that have not yet happened la. If I die before this supposed bad thing I worry about happen leh? Wah lao, then I would have wasted my time and effort worrying lor. So bo hua right? Time comes, things happen, then go WTF la. (btw, I went KNNBCCB at a few ang mohs on the weekend after a few drinks and nobody understood me. the feeling is not too bad haha.)


On a more random note, I came across a paragraph in 'A Long Way Down' (yes, I've been neglecting my reading lately) that made me read and re-read again:

Most people have a rope that ties them to someone, and that rope it can be short or it can be long. (Be long. Belong. Get it?) You don't know how long though. It's not your choice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

idk shifu... my rope to u is looong. looong enough to give each other space and freedom and yet we're inexplicably tied together. huggles.

monkeycrab said...

yup yup yup! and what's idk?

Anonymous said...

i don't know*

Anonymous said...

well Angel, I hope to have a short and thick rope with my loved ones so that it'll be lasting and feel real close all the time. But mine with yours must be a damn flexible one.. haha.. distance.. lol