to the doc

I woke up yesterday morning with a sharp pain in my abdominal area. Gastritis, I thought, and took some antacid. The sharp pain came and went throughout the whole morning as I went about the day's plans - dental appointment for my regular check and polishing (which only lasted less than 15 min cos my teeth were clean and quite tartar-free ^ ^), lunch with the 39-ers Joy and Yen, and off to Citibank to settle my car loan stuff. Also took some time to settle my insurance stuff too. This last week here in SG is basically 'housekeeping' week.

I also LS-ed (diarrhoea) a couple of times.

So I popped into the clinic a block from where I live and saw my regular doctor. He said I had a history of IBS so he wasn't surprised. Gave me a whole lot of medicine and nagged nagged nagged at me to take regular and balanced meals.

I took the chance to tell him about my heart palpitations.

According to him, as long as my heart beats don't go beyond 90 beats per min, and that the palpitations don't occur more than 5 times a day, there should be no need for me to go for an ECG. I told him I took my pulse once when it happened and it was about 90 beats and that the most I've gotten them in a day was 2 or 3 times. He advised me to start a diary and record down the details each time it happens from now onwards: pulse, date, time, location, activity I am engaged in at the moment.

Note to self: buy a pretty little note book and carry it with me at all times. oh and must not forget to bring a pen along too.

No comments: