hi boss, i'd like to offer my personal but objective opinion

Work-related so can't give too much details.

A couple of days ago at work, I stood up for something I believe strongly in and communicated what I felt directly to my big boss. Some think the incident too trivial to warrant such a reaction from me. In fact, many chose to ignore it altogether and stood around like an audience watching an interesting sitcom simply because 1. they felt it too insignificant and mainly 2. the matter doesn't concern them at all.

It doesn't concern me too. However, I see bigger underlying issues that if left unattended, will only generate more grief later on. I am a saint who thinks for the overall well-being of the company and only act for the greater interest of everyone >>> HAHA. Maybe not. I did it purely for my own selfish reasons so as to avoid having to pick up the scraps afterwards. Perhaps a mixture of both. I don't know too. It could be just an impulsive act of the moment for no reason at all.

I wrote a rather lengthy email to my boss, which some might say, a bit longwinded. I just wrote what came to my mind. I let the mouse cursor hover above the 'send' button for a few seconds while I contemplated editing the piece to make it more concise and to sound more politically correct. But hell no. So. It went out, the raw unedited version of my perhaps-a-tad-jumbled-up thoughts.

It was a heart-thumping couple of hours awaiting a blasting for wasting his precious time. But phew, Boss actually agreed with my thoughts. ^_^v

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you did it, shifu :) sometimes it helps to know that someone bothered. and besides it not have occurred to him till he saw yr email. :)

Anonymous said...

yes. this is a good take. really. we shouldnt be too politically-correct sometimes too!