bh's special pasta; teppanyaki's new golf; mardi gras

This is how my tomato-soup pasta looks like. It's actually bh's special pasta and I managed to 'steal' the recipe after observing him cook it a few times when he was doing his internship here in Sydney and was bunking in at my apartment. This has become one of my favourite foods to cook and I can have it for every meal for a week at times.




Chris Teppanyaki bought a new car - the VW Golf! Check out the gleaming new leather seats and the cool sunroof. The car suits him. I'm glad he didn't get the Jeep we talked about previously, cos that's so not him.




I'm looking forward to the Mardi Gras parade tomorrow, provided the weather is good. It's been stormy these past few days. If you don't already know, Mardi Gras, Sydney is the largest gay and lesbian event here, and some say, the most spectacular one in the world. Below are some pics taken at last year's Mardi Gras parade. The red milk crate I'm carrying in the pic below was for standing on to get a better view. It's a must to bring along a stool or crate or you'll just be watching the perspiration on others' backs.










ps: Boss went back to Singapore today. Time for a good break this weekend. Went for a few beers with the boys this evening. It's so easy to get along with the boys. Girls are just a little too complicated to make good chillout buddies sometimes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! i really miss the sydney days!! especially the $1 bargain trips!!

just came back from drinks... kinda high. and guess what!! i requested for the song 'yellow' from the live band and they sang it!! reminded me so much of the eastside days!!

next time you came back, we have to go to timbre to listen to the live band!!

monkeycrab said...

wah. reminds me of the days when the dj would play yellow for me each time I arrive at eastside. okok we must go timbre (provided it's still around by then).

and ya can 'see' u're high cos ur comment got grammar mistake haha.