개인의 취향 - personal taste



I just finished watching the most boring Korean series I've seen in a while. The only reason I bought this was because of Lee Min Ho, what else? Or more accurately, because I was so besotted by the character he played in 꽃보다 남자 - Boys Before Flowers (who can resist not liking Goo Joon Pyo???), I kind of expected to be charmed again in his latest series.

In Personal Taste, Lee is Jeon Jin Ho, a super good looking architect running his own firm who pretends to be gay in order to get close to this super unkempt and naive chick Park Gae In. He becomes her flat mate so he can infiltrate into her house which is supposedly the key to winning a key architectural project and is the only way he can save his failing business. And... you guessed it... he falls in love with the chick... and how the story develops from there is unsurprisingly predictable. And this Jeon Jin Ho character is just too uninterestingly perfect; it would have been better if the writer had introduced some quirky flaws into him.

Even with such yummylicious eye candy as Lee Min Ho in it, I had difficulty completing all the 16 episodes. It was with lots of head-nodding-dozing-offs and a sheer unwillingness to waste the money spent on buying the DVDs that I saw through the 4 discs.

No comments: