celebration month

Thirty years ago, something amazing happened. And now, every July is a month for celebrating.

3rd July: Nat, Van and I went on the Sydney Showboat for a cruise out of Darling Harbour. We had a three course sit down dinner at the best table right in front of the stage and enjoyed three hours of girlie chat, sumptuous food and a sensational live cabaret dance show.

4th July: Went ice-skating at the rink set up right in front of St. Mary's Cathedral as part of the Sydney Winter Festival 2010 followed by a homecooked chicken curry dinner courtesy of the HAH at home.

5th July: The peeps at work stormed into a work meeting I was having with a birthday cake and a loud chorus of the Birthday song. I was first utterly shocked by the invasion, then pleasantly surprised by the rose tinted Ray Bans I'd been coveting since eons ago when I unwrapped the present. Had an amazing candlelit dinner of homecooked lamb racks and got involved in making a berry souffle for the first time, after which I unwrapped two more presents that made me shriek with excitement - the Diana F+ kit complete with accessories and lenses, and a Crumpler seven million dollar home for my cams!!!

6th July: Got a bouquet of 12 white roses at work that arrived in a humongous box full of goodies. Went and caught Eclipse with a bunch of Twilight fans and got a surprise question popped at me just before midnight.

9th July: A girlie signed me up for a professional make-over and photoshoot as my belated birthday present. And so we lugged a suitcase and a bag of costumes, shoes and accessories to the studio and spent the night being made up, and forced into weird cramp-ish positions to pose for the camera. I can now appreciate how tough it is to be a professional model.

10th July: I hosted a chilli crab dinner for nine at mine where two old friends from the secondary school alumni band days visiting Sydney for the week joined in.

15th - 20th July: Holiday in Wellington, NZ.

This is all that's been lined up so far. Photos and details will be posted here soon.

3 comments:

Sunshine23 said...

OMG!! What a month of celebration and joyous for you angel!! Well Deserved too. :D
So so.. what's the surprise question eh?

o8ight said...

surprise question.. hmmms...

Eliss said...

such an exciting month for you! Happy milestone! I am curious about the surprise question to, heheh...