exclusive photoshoot

I got to go for a full makeover and professional photoshoot at Exclusive Photography's studio in Leichhardt as a belated birthday present from the pretty Vanisha. My very first such experience! So exciting!

We lugged a huge bag each - to be more specific, I lugged a huge bag while Van lugged a suitcase - of shoes and clothing (we were told to bring a few outfits each for the shoot) to the studio on a rainy Friday afternoon. We were then made to sit down for an hour each for the make-up artist to slap on a tonne of powder onto our faces before we got instructed on the order of the outfits we were supposed to get changed into.


Here's part of the studio.


Getting my eyes made up.


Left: You can already see how thick the make up was.
Right: My first outfit - ridiculously short and body hugging off shoulder dress with thigh high stiletto boots full of diamante bling blings.



My casual outfit was a red backless top with skinny jeans and knee high boots. These were taken by Van while we were waiting around for the photographer.


And a shot of us together before we left the studio.

We ended up with only one complimentary small print from the entire shoot (which we're still waiting to be sent to us) that took hours (I reckon we took hundreds of shots) because we did not feel like paying $1400 for a large canvas portrait nor $1000 for a CD compilation of all photos taken nor $220 for every additional 10cm x 8cm print. It was exhorbitant!

But we did have heaps of fun dressing up and posing like super models. It was extremely tough work though. I thought I was going to have cramps from the many poses we had to strike and maintain for minutes without moving. And those make-up! I had to go through the make-up removal process three times to completely get them off my skin. I can now fully appreciate the fact that super models don't have it easy despite the glamour we all see.

No comments: