the pool cafe

I brought the girls to one of my favourite places in Sydney for lunch on this beautiful Friday - The Pool Cafe at Maroubra Beach. It's not at the main beach area but further up the cliff side along Marine Parade.



The girls whooped with delight at the ocean view overlooking the cliff and busied themselves snapping away like they were tourists.



Once done with the touristy stuff, we settled down at a nice little corner of the cafe and continued with the excessive camwhoring.



The place was quite empty - there was only one other table of beach dudes besides us - as we arrived early. It started filling up very quickly shortly after we got seated. Whenever I come for a cuppa on weekends, it's usually packed and I can only get a seat at the outdoor area, but I don't really mind that due to the refreshing ocean breeze and view.



We took quite a while to study the menu - so many yummy dishes to choose from! We were spoilt for choice really.



Views from our corner while we waited for the food to be served.



Random shots of The Clueless Diva fooling around with the menu and trying her super sour berry smoothie drink.



Here's what I had - the seafood tapas. I loved it, especially the pesto mint dip. The barramundi fillet was a bit too dry though, unlike The Diva's big fat slice of succulent barramundi.



So yes, we enjoyed our Friday girl's lunch out today very much. I'm glad they liked my venue recommendation this time. All of them expressed they would definitely visit The Pool Cafe again.



Take a walk along the coastal cliff with a cappuccino in one hand and then relax in your own self-discovered secret nook in the rocks with a book after a meal at The Pool Cafe makes a perfect weekend - exactly what I did just a weekend ago. In fact, I do this quite often. It's romantic even if you're alone. Try it, you'll love it.

No comments: