old chang kee vs ya kun

Met up with strawberry (& bamboohorse) on saturday for a quick coffee. She had to fly off to Austin on sunday morning for work for the next 6 months and may even get married there and never come back (who knows?). Our travel schedules and timings didn't allow us to meet the last time I came back and I nearly missed her again this time! It was good catching up even if it was only a short 2 hours. The Ice Rambutan and Or-Mango Blend drinks at The Coffee Club are really nice!



Had japanese curry with tudi, rae and bamboohorse at Curry Favour along Stamford Road on sunday. All the different curries tasted the same to me. Good thing was we had the entire restaurant to ourselves so no one was frightened by my tudi's and rae's shrieks of surprise when their phantom chioest shifu showed up. Here's all of us! (I have mosaic-fied mysterious Rae's face)



Because I kept whining about how long I haven't had Ya Kun's eggs, the brought me to Funan IT Mall specially for them. I got distracted by Old Chang Kee and the Hippo Tours bus along the way. I stood staring at the curry puffs for a good few minutes before deciding I really had no spare space for more food.






The eggs are yummy as ever!




Also met up with Joy and Yen for chilli crabs, butter prawns, fish maw soup, fried tofu and sambal kangkong on saturday evening. I screamed when I realised I forgot to take pics of the food. We had gobbled them up like a bunch of hungry ghosts and forgot everything else.


And they weren't kidding when they said Singapore is overcrowded... my first train and bus experiences here after so long (7 years of driving here meant I didn't get to take public transport much) were quite scary. But I must say the trains and buses here are so new! So clean! And all air conditioned!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wah Angel!! You really want to eat for revenge ah.. Haha.. Catch up with you when I'm back yah.