my portable hdd

Arrrrgh! I just realised I left my portable hard disk drive (hdd) in the office. I feel really handicapped. I can do without a mobile phone nowadays but definitely not without 1. my laptop, 2. my portable hdd and 3. internet access. These 3 things can keep me entertained for days on end without me seeing any need to step out of the house.

People may ask, why the big deal? It's just for a night. It'll still be there when I go to work in the morning. Only 1 night of misery without access to the stuff stored inside. Well, there have been horror stories of my colleagues losing things in the office, even stuff they carefully ensure are locked up. I dread to think how I would react if I can't see my hdd tomorrow. Someone strong will probably need to restrain me from killing myself. Ahhhhhhh how can I be so careless!

So, you may wonder what's in my hdd? There are all my movies, jap dramas, anime, mp3s, etc. I can always go download them again or beg and borrow from my friends if these are gone. The important stuff's actually the photos. All my photos taken in the last 3 years are stored inside. The only backups I have are those nicer ones I posted on my multiply site. I am never one who backs up stuff on dvds or such cos I'll just end up losing them anyway.

Furthermore, being alone in a foreign land, I tend to browse my photo folder rather frequently and smile/frown/curse/tear/laugh-out-loud as I indulge myself in walks down the lane of bittersweet memories. What will I do without them???

Today I had wanted to post a picture of this wriggly worm-like cocoon thing Chris Tanpuyani found in his apartment (or car I can't remember). It was taken a while back but I had forgotten all about it til I chanced upon the pic this afternoon. Now I'm really irritated by my own negligence cos I couldn't do what I had looked forward to doing since this afternoon - to share this gross looking thing with everyone out there. *pulls hair*

No comments: