failure

For the first time in all my working life, I totally and utterly gave up on a task assigned to me. I locked myself up in my room to cut out all distractions and focused 101% concentration on completing it. It had seemed simple enough when I first heard what was required of me. Panic ensued when my mind went blank, blank, blank and everything sounded like greek to me. Never had I felt that something was impossible when it came to work. Even when I got overwhelming projects that were way out of my league, as long as I persevered, I'd eventually progress up the learning curve, steep as they were. This time had been different. I didn't have the luxury of time to find my footing on the overhanging cliff. I raised the white flag and called to whine about it and to seek a replacement for the job. That had been painful - the surrendering. Now I feel like a complete moron. Ouch.

No comments: