all things used

Driving around in Sydney can be full of surprises. On one occasion many weekends ago, I saw a hastily scribbled 'Garage Sale' sign stuck on a traffic light post, followed the arrow on it and managed to pick up a huge vintage mirror with a broad stainless steel border with intricate designs, a vintage Regal suitcase and a tiny wooden chair (I intend to place a flower pot on it in a corner of my room) for only $30.

Today, I drove past a used furniture store and made an unplanned stop there while on my way to the beach. Great decision, because I finally found a nice, simple and very affordable bookshelf I've been hunting around for ages. It's made of a dark solid wood and in excellent condition. I love it.

After an hour or so at the beach, the rest of the afternoon was spent doing up a section of my room next to my reading corner - you can see the used bookshelf and vintage suitcase in the picture on the left below, and then practising my guitar (even the guitar is vintage - hand me down from Mama!). Don't I look like a really cultured lady in the picture on the right?

1 comment:

Sunshine23 said...

I like your book shelve and vintage suitcase!!! so the got wei dao..