good omens

I can't wait to finish whatever I am reading now so I can get my hands on Gaiman's (co-author Pratchett) Good Omens. This is so my kind of book lor.




Synopsis:
The world will end on Saturday. Next Saturday. Just before dinner, according to The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch, the world's only completely accurate book of prophecies written in 1655. The armies of Good and Evil are amassing and everything appears to be going according to Divine Plan. Except that a somewhat fussy angel and a fast-living demon are not actually looking forward to the coming Rapture. And someone seems to have misplaced the Anti-Christ.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh. littlegeo just passed me this ytd. how come there are 2 covers? o.o

monkeycrab said...

oh the hard cover sibeh chio edition I saw has these 2 covers one on each side! i was going to buy that but the price stopped me: A$38.50!!!

MojitoMint said...

gosh..get it when u come back to SG- i got the paperback but u have to choose btw the white or black cover. Only SGD13.71.

littlegeo said...

notice black cover with angel, white cover with spawn. but we were too rash to get the black cover. shld have gone for white. anyways, it's a very pratchett book, dont really get a feel of gaiman. but we loved pratchett so we loved this anyways :D

monkeycrab said...

MojitoMint: wah with our strong OZ currency, the book will only cost me A$10.80, like less than one third the price of the hard cover edition i found. havent found a paperback version yet so cant compare that. may well be worth it to wait til i get back to sg then.

fav tudi: we thinks the white cover with spawn looks cool leh, the angel one looks boring wor. and i like pratchett too! i was thinking of getting the Unseen Academicals next after i finish Good Omens...

monkeycrab said...

MojitoMint: i meant with our strong OZ currency, the book will only cost me SGD13.71 = A$10.80 in singapore.