i can't get over the bananas

I first started Twittering in Feb 2008. Then when Tudi highly recommended Plurk to me, I signed up for a free Plurk account in July 2008. However, I only did a grand total of O-N-E Plurk in my entire nine months of Plurk life which went like this: monkeycrab feels nauseous (this was in Aug 2008). I resurfaced in Plurk today after going MIA for eight months and looking back at my last and only Plurk entry, people must have thought I got pregnant and disappeared for eight months to give birth or something.

Anyways, it was fun fun fun re-discovering Plurk! The only reason I didn't Plurk much previously was because I mostly Twitter on the go via my mobile phone but I couldn't do that on Plurk. Blame it on myself for making zero effort to find ways to feed my Twitters to Plurk. Now that I'm getting quite hooked onto Plurk, I need to go research on how I can do this so I can Plurk on the move too. Anyone who already has the solution to this, can share please please please?

For the sua ku (literally mountain tortoise! means ignorant) people out there, this is a print screen of how a Plurk page looks like:



If you click to enlarge, you'll see that there's a horizontal timeline and whenever you, your friend or someone you're following on Plurk posts an update, it will appear on the timeline. Plurk allows you, your friends or the general public (up to you to set your privacy settings) to comment and discuss on the entries. The box on the left of the above pic shows the discussion thread when you click on someone's entry. You can even share photos, links and videos in a Plurk entry which you can't do in Twitter. Essentially, it's like a microblogging platform and discussion forum all in one. You can even add a widget and feed your Plurks to your blog like I've done on the left sidebar here. Very cool right?

Now I come to the objective of this entry... if you look at my Plurk profile below...



Do you see this word (in the largest font in white) 'Karma'? It's like a point system of measuring a Plurker's activity and popularity and I've only got a pathetic 7.30 for Karma. To give you an idea of how embarrassingly low my Karma is, Tudi's is 97.08 and Bamboohorse's is 70.47. For my Karma range, I am 'in the state of creation', while Tudi 'has reached Plurk Nirvana'!

So you may wonder what good does it do you if you have a high Karma score? You get Karma rewards! ie. the higher my Karma, the more functions I get to play with on my Plurk! Today, I had Bamboohorse, Tudi and Beakee all flaunting their dancing banana emoticons on one of my Plurks, which irked me cos I had nothing to show off to them!

This list of Karma rewards below includes a lot of exclusive emoticons while I only have a pathetic basic emoticon set of 12.



Being 'in the state of creation', I cannot even give a title/name to my Plurk timeline! And you would have also noticed I only have five friends (inclusive of one dummy: the default Plurk Buddy that comes with every new account) and three fans on Plurk. How sad that is. So, if you're interested in experiencing the Plurk highlife, please go to http://plurk.com/monkeycrab/invite (right now!) and sign up from there and you'll be helping me increase my Karma. Remember what comes around goes around. It's Karma! Arigatoh in advance and I hope you enjoy Plurking as I am now.

ps: I am going to drown you peeps in dancing bananas! Roars!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i plurk on the go when i can... point your phone browser to http://www.plurk.com/m/ :P

o8ight said...

muahahaha.... this is super hilarious. i saw the Pregnant Plurk before you posted this entry.

and just like i refuse to join Facebook, i refuse to upkeep for the sake of karma! mayb until the day i reali run low on karma....

anyway, w ur popularity and readership nowadays, your karma shud be rising towards the skies

- sua ku

monkeycrab said...

beakee: ermmm... very embarrassing to say this but my 5yr old phone hor... can't access the web... i used to sms-twitter, thats y i thought to try feeding my twits to plurk so i can still twit via sms. i will probably go upgrade my phone and plan (currently on some damn basic prepaid so wont have credit for websurfing) when my phone finally decides to die on me.