小红 goes to newtown

Hi! I am the little red bear my Mummy rescued from that dangerous game booth at the Coca Cola Carnival at the Sydney Royal Easter Show. I was squashed by hundreds of thousands of other bigger bears and weird animals in a huge basket until my beautiful Mummy fished me out. And now I can see the huge expanse of sky above! I used to only be able to see other bears' butts. Mummy has a housemate whom she calls 'aeroplane' in hokkien. And this hokkien aeroplane gave me my first name ever! So I am 小红. Nice to meet you all. Today I am a guest blogger on Mummy's blog because she thinks I am very deprived of the pleasures this world has to offer and one of these so-called pleasures is exploring the wonders of the internet.

Mummy promised to bring me out to see the world. I swear she is the nicest person in this universe. First she introduced me to her fiery red baby the Celica whose name is 老虎 as christened by Mummy's old friend Mr KT. Then she strapped me to the passenger door together with 小毛 - a monkey who's been Mummy's co-driver ever since she got the 老虎. I call 小毛 Korkor as per Mummy's instructions. I was told it means Big Brother.



We went to Newtown, one of Mummy's favourite suburbs near to where she lives. Then we started bumping into a lot of monkeys. Mummy said that was a sign. I did not understand what 'a sign' means. There was the monkey at the petrol kiosk waving to all humans who walked past, and there was this shy monkey peeping out a cafe window.



Mummy looked up and saw that the cafe has a funky monkey name which she immediately liked so we took a seat right beside the shy monkey by the window.



Monkeys everywhere. There was a mini one holding a tag that introduced the special of the day. I was confused. I thought human beings are the ones running the show on this planet? Mr Shy Monkey wanted a photo with Mummy so I became their photographer.





While Mummy busied herself studying the menu, I tried making conversation with Mr Shy Monkey. He is more than a hundred times my size but not scary at all.



Then the coffee came. The small cup was for me and the big one for Mummy.



My coffee has a heart shape on it, so nice. I read a book while enjoying my coffee with a heart. I never had coffee before this so I can't comment on the taste but Mummy said the coffee sucked big time. This lifestyle is very relaxing. Humans have such good lives, sip sip coffee la, read book la, talk to shy monkeys peeping out of cafe windows la... so unlike a carnival bear's life where we always have to struggle to get on top of the other bears in the games booth basket in order to see what's going on in the outside world. Because of my size, I only ever got to smell others' butts.



I saw a barber shop across the road and told Mummy it was about time I got a fur trim. My fur is getting quite messy.



The monkey cafe serves a lot of monkey related food such as: Funky Monkey Eggs, Mega Monkey Burger and Monkey Magic Juice. Mummy ordered the monkey egg dish and I tried a few bites of it using the fork for the first time in my life. EEeee I didn't like it. And I also think monkeys don't lay eggs so I can't understand why there is such a dish on the menu. Mummy hated the green leafy stuff underneath the eggs and took them all out. And look, we really did drop by the barber's after lunch. Alas, it was too packed and we didn't have time to wait. Next time then. Can you see that my right eye is almost totally covered by my fur? It's really difficult to see properly and I would need my perfect unobstructed vision for all the trips Mummy is going to bring me on. I want to go 看世界!



On our way back to find 老虎, we saw these posters. Mummy taught me that I have to buy her lotto tickets every week cos if Mummy strikes the big prize, then Mummy can bring me to see the bigger world and not just around Sydney. And Mummy can also accompany me every second of the day and not have to go do the human thing called work.



*Yawns* I am tired from our first excursion out. Til my next blog entry. Tata.

7 comments:

Edmond Wu said...

ROFLMAO!

P.S. I like the book you're reading! It's spectacular with a tinge of depression at the harshness of reality.

monkeycrab said...

i enjoy reading the book too. very enlightening. pao was the one who recommended me the book. but it gets me quite sad sometimes and then i stop reading it for a while. that's y i am taking such a long time to finish such a think book!

flyaway said...

fun excursion! :) i like!

fav tudi said...

we so dig this entry!!! :DDD 小红!!!take care of yr mummy yah!!! :D

wen hui said...

this entry is hilarious! :)
*two thumbs up

monkeycrab said...

r u ms chng wen hui?!?! omg. u read my blog! do i need to write prim and properly so as to set a good example as ur ex tutor? hope u havent learnt anything errr... naughty from me hor...

chng wen hui said...

yes, its me! i visit your blog every once in a while. its on my favourites! haha and it has been entertaining to read. and ur language is good, so no worries. :)