trung nguyen coffee

While waiting for Tudi one day, I discovered a quiet little cafe Trung Nguyen Coffee in Liang Court. I was first drawn to its cosy ambience. I particularly like the luxurious red semi-circular cushioned booths with the overhanging lanterns. Because I'd previously heard from many that the Vietnamese serve great coffee, I thought I should give it a try.



There is a separate section where you can read up on the types and origins of the coffee beans they use and of course to purchase some of their merchandise if you like.



And here's the seating section. I have a thing for such oriental settings and usually can't resist taking a seat just to gawk at the deco.



I chose to hide myself in one of those seemingly comfy booths. When I went to place my orders, I asked the staff to recommend me a hot coffee drink with milk and he said their specialty coffee the Legendee is a must try. That little cup of coffee set me back by $10.90. Wow. I was quite taken aback by the price. But when I checked out the prices for all the other standard coffee drinks, they were all close to the cafe average pricing ranging between $4 - $5. See how the Legendee is served in the below pic. I had to let it sit untouched for about 4min to let the coffee filter through.



It was only half a cup of coffee, not a full cup. But after taking a sip, I felt that the $10.90 was completely worth it. I have not had such thick aromatic coffee for a long while.



I am craving for a Legendee as I write this entry. I must make it a point to have another one before leaving for Sydney. Anybody wants to buy me a Legendee?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaaaaaaaaam... seeeeeeeeeeeeng.

Anonymous said...

$10.90 is SUPER expensive! i think i'm too kiam to pay

Anonymous said...

I especially love vietnamese coffee...so envious you were able to enjoy a cup. Did you eat anything with it? How was the food pairing selection in that coffee shop? Thanks!

monkeycrab said...

Hi Anonymous, no we did not have anything to eat with it. I didn't even take much notice if that coffee shop serves any food! - big mistake!

Kim said...

wow where was this? i have to try some!