farewell bbq for karlin

We have an Indonesian colleague who left the company and who'll be going back to Indo for good to assist in her family business. Becky and I were invited to her farewell BBQ party at Pyrmont Point Park.

Contrary to the positive weather forecast, we had storm clouds the whole morning and a drizzle that turned into a shortlived mini downpour the moment we arrived at the BBQ pit. I was chomping down my food in the rain in Becky's blue poncho. I reckon I make the poncho look quite cool. It was quite a funny sight watching all the guys do the cooking while holding umbrellas but unfortunately I didn't take a photo of that. Becky as usual, was greedily munching on whatever rubbish snacks she could lay her hands on. So much for her low carb diet. Tsk tsk.



And here's a pic with Karlin. I always thought she had the most beautiful eyes in the whole of the Finance department.



Every farewell depresses me and reminds me that every time I make a friend here, I have to say goodbye soon after. The most devastating farewells were Lover Yen-yen's and Madam J's departures. I took such a long time to open up and finally bond with them and then they had to leave. Well, as Madam J puts it, home is where the heart is, so eventually all these friends I make will have to go home one day.

Ps: I have very limited photos of this event. Will have to get the rest from the other photographers before posting them up.

No comments: