birthday treats

On the eve of my birthday, a special old friend of mine wanted to buy me a cake and asked what type of cake I preferred. I had no answer since I have never been a huge fan of cakes, any cake, except for the occasional odd craving mostly due to hormonal imbalances. Hence, all I asked for was some hot thick dark chocolate drink from Max Brenner. Special old friend then got me Max Brenner's signature chocolate souffle served warm with a melted centre of dark and white chocolate. I had one bite and thought I'd gone to paradise. It was sooooooooo good I gobbled it all up in less than 2.413 seconds and immediately demanded for a second serving! *Slurpzzz*



On the actual monkey day itself, I took the day off work and treated myself to a relaxing breakfast (without the usual morning rush to work) of sour cherry toast with yoghurt and berry compote - they came served with birthday wishes on a napkin from Pablo's. How nice... except I think JJ's drawing skills seem to have deteriorated, just look at the monkey!



Never mind. I is happy. :DDDDDD

7 comments:

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Late birthday greetings, Monkeycrab! Hope you had a really good one. x

o8ight said...

guess what zodiac is JJ
;)

Eileen Chong said...

Happy birthday!!!! I love the MB souffle too. It's to die for.

monkeycrab said...

Likkle Girl: No u're not late. it's today! thanks!

HAH: Don't tell me he's a cancerian like me too?

Eileen: thanks! now that i've tasted the souffle, i think i wanna have it every day if possible!

madam j said...

happy birthday jackaroo. did u get my sms?

o8ight said...

MCP:

JJ is a fellow monkey. he claimed he is a few months older than u; but i'm the youngest monkey amongst us 3. heh

monkeycrab said...

Madam: No!!! I didn't get your sms!!! but i got ur wishes here so its ok. thanks!!!

HAH: JJ is a monkeyfish.