debut photowalk


Full set here.

I brought my new toy to Leichhardt on its first photowalk a day after I blew my July budget on it (there goes my iPhone! but I think the sacrifice is worth it).

I chose this suburb for my camera's debut because I've never really explored this neighbourhood in the west even though I've been there twice for dinner. As Leichhardt is famously known as the Little Italy in Sydney, I was hoping to capture some nice shots of the Tuscan architecture and immerse myself in the European culture this time.

The neighbourhood was interesting enough with Maserati and Ducati sightings that made me go gaga, Mafia-looking dudes (I rike!) who looked rather yummy and who were extremely friendly, and a unique rustic architectural style that projected simple grandeur.

It was a bit of a struggle getting to know my new dSLR camera, made very much worse by the wrist-breaking weight of the 55-250mm lens I decided to test out first. I also regretted not studying the instruction manual before heading out - big big mistake - which resulted in me fumbling with the camera's dials and knobs most of the time rather than actually shooting something. The storm clouds looming ominously overhead weren't very encouraging either.

Unsatisfactory as the photos turned out, there was still the occasional nice shot and hey I enjoyed the walk!

1 comment:

Sunshine23 said...

Oh angel. Loooove all the photos you've taken. Somehow with a good camera, everything seems so much clearer. I believe you'll be an expert in handling it soon.